If you’re going to Bali, then there are some must try local, traditional food that you need to try in Bali. Even though the appearance is almost the same, like fried chicken or ayam goreng, but Bali has their own different, yet delicious taste. For example, Ayam Betutu. Ayam Betutu is one of the most famous Balinese food that everyone must try when visiting Bali.One of the famous ayam betutu is khas gilimanuk, with a person symbol just like in my photo. Balinese people know this place, so you co
One of the famous ayam betutu is khas gilimanuk, with a person symbol just like in my photo. Balinese people know this place, so you could ask people around if you can’t find the place by GPS. If I’m not mistaken, it’s located not far from the airport. You could stop by here after or before going to the airport. Lots of people bring Ayam Betutu for gifts or oleh-oleh too!
1 Ekor Ayam Betutu Goreng - IDR 88,000
Well, honestly I think we ordered the wrong menu. Or maybe, ayam betutu taste just like an ordinary fried chicken? The only difference is the hot peanut and vegetables served. Next time, I think we need to order the Steam Ayam Betutu instead of the Fried one. Taste good, but no difference and no Balinese taste from the chicken.
Jus Melon - IDR 11,000
To refresh myself and it’s been a long time since I’ve eaten some fruits – because of my long long holiday and uncontrolled meals – I choose melon juice. I think they add too much sugar and milk inside, and the taste of the melon just not stands out.
Nasi Putih - IDR 6,000
They’re having a huge portion on the rice. So if you don’t eat a lot, you could share the rice. *Ngirit dikit.
It’s super fast. You just need to sit and there’ll be a waiter come straight to you, taking your order + explaining the menu. After that – around 3 minutes your order will come in front of you.
Ambiance
It’s not a fancy restaurant with air conditioner. It’s just a usual restaurants with an open air area. I think they don’t really care about appearance since their place is always crowded with Bali people and local tourists.
Stay awake for another food journey!
--Megan Faustine