I’ve heard about Rock Bar before I went to Denpasar, Bali with my friends. On Surabaya, I already make the plan that I need and must visit Rock Bar, which to my surprise, located in one area with Rimba, the place with a very unique waiting area (located in the middle of a manmade, small pool). However, I just know that they open at 4 p.m.Waiting for the time to pass by, my friend and I decided to stroll around Ayana. I need to say that this place is huge and perfect for honeymoon or even a famil

Waiting for the time to pass by, my friend and I decided to stroll around Ayana. I need to say that this place is huge and perfect for honeymoon or even a family trip. You could choose between hotel room or cottage. Well, if you have lots of budget, cottage is a great choice! I peek into one of the cottage and yeah, I wish I could stay here only for a day!
After taking bunch of photos around, then we decided to go to the Rock Bar. Ayana make a different path – 1 for those who live in Ayana, and 1 for guests. The difference is that if for guests, you’ll need to walk much further. Well, nice trick, hahaha.
I went there exactly on 4 p.m, still a long waiting to go before sunset. So I pick a nice seat on the chair – not the couch, because they have a minimum of IDR 600,000 spending, and we’re not that hungry, we just need a drink.
Exotic Delight - IDR 115,000
Honestly, I could tell you that this is the cheapest drink in Rock Bar, LOL. So yeah, you need to prepare enough budget before going to this place. In addition, this is before tax ;). The drink is refreshing and you’ll get 3 slice of fruits on top.
Mamamello - IDR 115,000
The same with exotic delight, you’ll get 3 slices of fruit. Taste super refreshing and fits with the super hot weather in here. Beside these drink, we also get some free chips – and it’s also free refills!
The service is as great as unique rooftop. They open the umbrella and even help us when the umbrella almost falls from the cliff! They also offers cold towel, and if you think 1 is not enough, you could ask for more towels. It’s important, because the weather is just too hot!

Ambiance
I really love it here. However, my concern is just on the weather. It’s just too hot, and I think it’s better to go here around 5 p.m instead. So you don’t need to wait that long to watch the sunset. However, if you went on 5 p.m, then the great seat to watch the sunset will be gone. Yeah, quite a dilemma!
Stay awake for another food journey!
--Megan Faustine