2016-06-11 132 views
A vintagely set and dimly lit establishment, that's how I would describe Bacco. I had been hearing about Bacco’s palatable appetisers, but on the other hand, I also heard about Bacco’s mediocre mains. So, my family and I decided to order various appetisers, a single main, and one soup to share. Bacco Nacho (IDR 70K++) Crispy chips enjoying themselves around some meaty and savoury bolognese sauce enhanced with some tempting cheese and guacamole. The dish was toothsome, but I think it could become

Bacco Nacho (IDR 70K++) Crispy chips enjoying themselves around some meaty and savoury bolognese sauce enhanced with some tempting cheese and guacamole. The dish was toothsome, but I think it could become heavenly if they used thin tortilla chips instead.

Bacco Surf and Turf (IDR 130K++) It got the right balance of everything. Scallops and succulent beef sitting on top of creamy, savoury sweet potato puree. What went wrong with it? Nothing! Prawn Cocktail Chewy prawns drenched in tangy sauce.

Pork Belly (IDR 75K++) Crispy on the outside, tender and savoury on the inside, flavoured with a hint of sweetness from the BBQ sauce. It was super good, especially when the pork belly was small, easing my mouth to bite one or even a dozen.

Pumpkin Soup (IDR 50K++) The soup was beautiful in taste, but sadly it was overly watery.

Salmon Bacco Bites (IDR 50K++) Fresh and salty at the same time. I liked the chewy salmon layer, but the dish itself did not really stand out.

Spaghetti Meatballs (IDR 90K++) Well-cooked pasta, powered with an intense tangy tomato flavour.

Some of the dishes that I ordered at Bacco were honestly boring. However, the Bacco Surf and Turf, the Pork Belly, and the staffs' fast and attentive service were enough to let me revisit the restaurant once in a while.

*Nona Tukang Makan was not invited or paid by any individual or business to write this review.
Pork Belly