2014-10-28 184 views
Hi Openricers.Give a warm welcome to the newly open restaurant in Kelapa Gading area called Kedai Opa.Located not far from Warung Pasta, this restaurant claimed to be the legend of fried rice since 1988. Is it true?Well, that day I was just finished having dinner at Pepper Lunch, and on my way home I happened to be passing this restaurant. Driven by curiosity, I decided to make a stop by.You just won't miss to spot this restaurant. It's got a big neon signage installed in front of the restaurant
Hi Openricers.

You just won't miss to spot this restaurant. It's got a big neon signage installed in front of the restaurant. And truly the iconic "Opa" (old man) graphic is just too cute to be missed.
The interior was mainly wood. To be frank, there was nothing special to be said about the interior. It's pretty comfortable. And the restaurant has an open kitchen, so you can see the cook preparing the dish.
There were not too many variants of dishes found on the menu. Mostly fried rice, chicken, and varieties of noodles. No desserts (sadly). Well since I just had beef at Pepper Lunch, I thought I would order chicken that day. And to my enjoyment, this restaurant served my favourite chicken dish, the chicken wings. Yeayy!!

Chicken Wings Crispy - Rp. 29.092.
Chicken Wings Crispy
Chicken Wings Crispy
There were 3 choices for the chicken wings menu: Crispy, BBQ, and Spicy. Being labeled as the best seller, I ordered the Crispy one.
What I loved about the chicken wings was that the portion and the size of the wings were big. They are cooked nicely too and the meat wasn't dry. But unfortunately in terms of flavor was not my liking. It felt like the wings was under-seasoned, and almost bland. The crispy batter really needed more salt. The chicken meat I think also needed to be more seasoned.

Ayam Tanpa Tulang Mentega OPA - Rp. 28.182.
Ayam Tanpa Tulang Mentega OPA
This dish tasted better than the chicken wings. Well at least the flavors are more striking. Though I would've expected more from the dish since it had OPA stitched to the menu's name. The flavors were decent, though not to be said memorable. But overall it's not disappointing, and still quite tasty with a balance level of saltiness and savoriness.

Nasi Putih - Rp. 5.455.
Nasi Putih
Instead of trying the fried rice, I opted for regular white rice. Maybe on my next visit I will try that legendary fried rice.

Es Teh Manis - Rp. 5.455.
Es Teh Manis
Usually I won't talk much about a glass of sweet ice tea. But surprisingly the sweet ice tea here was really nice! The tea flavor was really strong, and I truly loved it.

Overall conclusion, well trying out new restaurants can give you a new culinary experience. For my experience at Kedai Opa, I can't really say it's disappointing since I haven't got the chance to try their so-called legendary fried rice.
But for a newly open place at Kelapa Gading it's pretty much interesting to see how this restaurant could cope with the high level competition between restaurants in this area. Surely I hope to be more improvements being done by the restaurant. Still I say that Kedai Opa is quite worthy to be visited, and maybe I'll be back soon for the fried rice.

Keep on chewing!

Jazzy Dee

For more of my culinary journey, visit: http://designerdoyanmakan.blogspot.com
Twitter: @jzzydee