2016-02-26 206 views
Well, I may be a tad too late to blog about this famous coffee shop, but still it’s always better to be late than never.I visited the coffee shop with my sister on a weekday, so I already guessed that the shop would not be crowded. In fact, the shop was calm and peaceful. Despite the quietness, the fun interior created a lively atmosphere. I’d totally stay at the shop to finish any assignments if I study in Jakarta.I reckoned that we need to order at the counter and grab the drinks by ourselves,
I reckoned that we need to order at the counter and grab the drinks by ourselves, but because there were only a few guests and us being the only customers downstairs, the staffs self willingly presented the drinks on our table. We opted for the Hot Green Tea Latte (IDR 33K++) and the Hot Mellow Chocolate (IDR 40K++).
If you got green eyes for money, I got green eyes for green tea. I’m kind of obsessed with everything green tea (Matcha stalker here!). If there’s a tiny dust of unpleasant flavor on the matcha, I’d be mad. Thank God because this matcha latte was charmingly tasteful. The milk did not overpower the matcha flavor, and there’s only a slight amount of sweetness, which helped to boost the exotic taste of the green tea. It was impressive, but it’d be certainly fit for a king (or queen) if I didn’t encounter any powdery leftover at the bottom of the cup.
My sister’s Hot Mellow Chocolate came with two chunks of pillowy marshmallows. My sister admitted that the chocolate tasted lovely, too bad, there was some powdery leftover at the bottom.
Spaghetti w/ Italian Meatballs (IDR 70K++)
The peppery thrill and the tomato goodness clung to each strand of the well-cooked spaghetti. I was surprised that the café was able to serve moist and tender meatballs, not forgetting the shredded cheese on top. I’m not going to lie, even if it’s a little spicy, I still think that it is one of the most well-executed spaghetti by Jakarta’s café shops.
Croque Madame (IDR 55K++)
“Ham and melted cheese? Hmmm, it’s going to be massively salty”, I thought. But, the moment it entered my mouth, my thought was defeated. Crusty border paired with fluffy, flavorful eggs on the inside. They were excellent. Its flavor was appropriate, thanks to the pepper, and the egg was more than palatable.
Koultoura Coffee is one of the most phenomenal café shops in Jakarta. All of the dishes were remarkable. I’ve become attached to the spaghetti now. Although, I’d love not to find any powdery leftover on the bottom of my drinks. Nevertheless, I’d certainly be back again, as I adore the fun yet peaceful interior and the welcoming staffs. Currently, this is one of my favorite spots in town.
*Nona Tukang Makan was not invited or paid to write this review
spaghetti with italian meatballs