2016-04-12 65 views
Bebek Bengil is known as Dirty Duck Diner. We dined at the Bebek Bengil Jakarta Gandaria City outlet.The name has a very interesting story behind. On this tropical monsoon morning, when the renovation of the restaurant was closed to finish with concrete floor ready. A flock of ducks from the rice field across the road ran into the restaurant. These ducks left muddy webbed footprints all over the place. Ducks were their first guest and as such, Bebek Bengil came about.The dishes seems to have an

The dishes seems to have an origin from Bali. That was the impression I got. The design has lots of Indonesia iconic design in it.
Bebek Bengil
Rp125000
Since Bebek Bengil (Rp 125,000) is the highlight at the Bebek Bengil Jakarta, we must not miss it. It is a main; rice with half crispy duck. The dish was accompanied with 4 sides; 3 chilli sauce and dips plus a beans and sprout sourish vegetable dish that is very much like an appetizers.
The duck is the key ingredients in this dish. How does it fare? Crispy outer and tender meat is my desciption. The flavour was sufficient. It was under or over marinated. Even though I am not a duck fan, I enjoyed it.
Nasi Campur Bali
Rp75000
Nasi Campur Bali (Rp 75,000) was the other dish we ordered since we only have 2 diners that night. This is a traditional Balinese dish with smoked chicken, boiled egg, fish sate, beef curry, Balinese vegetables and crackers. I like the varieties though it was as tasty as the duck.
Baliness Cake Platter
Rp45000
Final, we have a dessert, the Baliness Cake Platter (Rp 45,000) comprises of 4 desserts; namely Jaje Injin, Timus, Kolek and Pisang Rai. I was surprising to find the desserts to be lightly sweet. It was at my sweetness level preference. Both Kolek and Pisang Rai were made from banana. Kolek is sweeter. My favourite is the Timus. Lastly, Jaje Injin is like the black glutinous rice. With grated coconut, it complemented the dish very well.
Bebek Bengil Smoothies, Passion
Rp44000
Quite a good list of beverages both hot and cold were found on Bebek Bengil Jakarta menu. We went for the Bebek Bengil Smoothies, Passion (Rp 44,000). Lightly sweet and sourish. Great to accompany spicy meal.
It is a restaurant worth popping by especially if you are staying at Sheraton Jakarta Gandaria City Hotel.
Taste