2016-03-08 59 views
Before I visited this Japanese food bar, I joined an event organized by Shirokuma, one of the most upcoming Japanese dessert places in Jakarta, and tried some of their adorable Christmas treats (pictures can be found on Instagram). As my sweet taste buds had been satisfied, I was thinking of fulfilling my hunger for a savory course. While roaming around the area, my eyes spotted a cute little Japanese bar. I looked at the menu and reckoned that the dishes were appealing.After I had taken a seat,
After I had taken a seat, I decided to take a better look at the menu. It did not take long for me to wave my hand at the waitress, but it sure took quite a time for them to notice, despite having only two customers.
Food
Monjayaki + Wagyu + Octopus Leg (IDR 95K++)
I reckoned that monjayaki is slightly liquidy compared to okonomiyaki, but this monjayaki was permeated with horrible overwhelming flavors. To make it worse, the octopus leg was rubbery.
Gyoza (IDR 30K++)
On the contrary, the gyoza was beautifully presented. The skin was addictively crisp, and the meat was irresistibly tender. I also found the seasoning to be spot on. However, it was not the most delish gyoza in Jakarta.
Okirobar failed me. Despite the cute interior, the staffs’ dying enthusiasm and the unappetizing monjayaki had killed my desire to return. It seems that this post is nothing but a vitriolic critique on Okirobar, but honesty is Nona Tukang Makan’s motto. I hope the feedback can be recognized as a source of improvement rather than an aggressive attack.
*Nona Tukang Makan was not invited or paid to write this review
Gyoza
Rp30000
Monjayaki with Wagyu and Octopus Leg
Rp95000
Other Info. : slow and unattentive staff, flavors were less appetizing
Taste