2014-12-15 1701 views

Located at the 46th floor of BCA Tower, SKYE is one of the pioneers in developing sky bar and lounge concept. Serving the customers with breath-taking scenery, SKYE is able to attract the crowds not only just by its dishes. SKYE actually provides both indoor and outdoor area. The indoor one is dedicated for all-day dining, while the outdoor one becomes bistro in the afternoon and lounge at night. With its exclusive ambience and high-quality service, SKYE successfully delivers what’s expected from a best-class restaurant.

I was so lucky that I went here with some of my friends so I could try various dishes. There were quite many choices provided and actually, they were fusion of Western and Asian. To create more varieties on our table, my friends and I ordered both the Asian and Western ones. As we were quite confused which one to be picked, we asked the suggestion from the waiter regarding their best-selling ones and here were the dishes we ordered.

Kamameshi Rice (IDR 210k)
Kamameshi Rice
This dish actually belonged to my friend but absolutely, all of us had a try on it. Served in the hot stone, this dish came with the most unique presentation among all dishes we order today. Unfortunately, as I was afraid the rice will be burnt, I only took one picture of this one and I guessed it's not photogenic
. So basically this Japanese menu consisted of rice with unagi, salmon, chicken, mushrooms, tobiko, nori, and shoyu egg. I believe if now I ask you to mention all the ingredients I’ve just told you without re-reading it again, you definitely won’t be able to do so. Yes, this was indeed a very very rich and generous dish! One of the plus point was you could enjoy it hot until the very last spoon.

200gm Black Angus Sirloin (IDR 250k)
200gm Black Angus Sirloin
I awarded this dish as the most photogenic one among our orders. With its quite simple
presentation, this steak was able to attract those who looked at it. Not only good-looking, the meat was also tender, juicy, and well-seasoned. Regrettably, we only enjoyed it at the side part of the meat. We requested the steak to be medium-well but it turned out being medium. As the middle part was still quite raw, we then left it as none of us liked it. Luckily, the luscious and crispy golden-brown sweet potato fries could at least cure the disappointment.

Seabass Polonaise (IDR 180k)
Seabass Polonaise
Wanted to enjoy seafood as well, our choice went to this pan-seared seabass. I really loved the presentation of this dish as it came with a gorgeous variety of colors. Under our wonderfully taste seabass, there were broccoli, cauliflower, bread crumbs, almonds, cherry tomatoes, and lemon. Together, all the ingredients successfully created an excitement for my taste bud, as well as delivered the refreshing taste.

Hot Irish Cream Coffee (IDR 45k)
Hot Irish Cream Coffee
By the time I read that the coffee served here was Djournal’s coffee, I immediately decided
to have coffee for my beverage. Simply said, I really loved Djournal’s coffee as for me, it had strong coffee scent, balanced acidity level, and perfectly suited my preference for coffee. As expected, yes I did fancy it so much that I finished it even before finishing my meal.

Passion-fruit Mocktail (IDR 45k)
Passion Fruit Mocktail
Here was my second drink. Yes, I did have two drinks as we sat there for quite long time. After having the milky one, I decided to try the refreshing one. This was one of the several mocktail selections shown on the menu. Having passion fruit as the main ingredient, this beverage called me to give it a try. If you’re about to visit Skye, this mocktail was a must-try! It was certainly a perfect blend between sweet and sour taste. If I didn’t consider that I had had too much sweets on that day, I might have ordered my third glass, which surely would be this one AGAIN!

In a nutshell, I really enjoyed my dining experience at Skye. At first, I thought that I would
probably just enjoy the scenery and the photo session. I even thought that the foods might be horrible. However, it was a total 180-degree different in actual! Both the foods and beverages were far beyond my expectation and I even considered going back to Skye and tried their other menu.

PS. You might have to prepare extra money to dine here as the dishes were indeed quite pricey.

Find me on: