2016-04-13 143 views
Original review on http://www.nahmj.com/2016/04/14/nanny-pavillion-at-gandaria-city-jakarta-indonesiaNanny Pavillion Jakarta has many outlets throughout the capital and the country, Indonesia too. The most alluring and intriguing fact about Nanny Pavillion is that each location has a distinct interior theme. We went to the outlet at Gandaria City.The restaurant, Nanny Pavillion Jakarta at Gandaria City has a sewing room as its theme. I was recommended by an Instagrammer, @yuniqueyuni to patron i

The restaurant, Nanny Pavillion Jakarta at Gandaria City has a sewing room as its theme. I was recommended by an Instagrammer, @yuniqueyuni to patron its Central Park restaurant with Les Jardin Des theme. While I accidentally chanced upon the one at Gandaria City.
We chose the restaurant for one of our dinner as we were attracted by the decoration. Lots of clothes, sewing thread, template and even the sewing machine were part of the ornaments in the restaurant.
At Nanny Pavillion, they offered Western food ranging from Lite Bite, Salade, Grilled, Pasta, Baked Rice, Grilled, Continental and lots of Pancake and Waffle flavours. Coming to beverages, 'Wow'! Choices are plenty. Tea, Coffee, Lemonade, Fresh Juice, Milkshake and Cocktail.
Nanny's Chicken Salad
Rp45000
To make our meal less guilty, we have a salad. Three choices in the menu; we chose Nanny's Chicken Salad (Rp 45,000). This is a simple salad with only Romaine lettuce dressed in creamy anchovy salad sauce. I thought the dressing was unique. Croutons were added to provide both the crunch and some form carbohydrates. Adding Chicken breast and boiled egg, both healthy choices for proteins.
The 2 other salad choices available were a salmon salad (Rp 65,000) and portobello salad (Rp 45,000).
Bob's Buffalo Chicken Wings
Rp45000
As always, I like to try as much food as I can. First, we went for a lite bite. With 5 different Buffalo Chicken Wings flavour to choose from, we decided to go with Bob's Buffalo Chicken Wings, 6 pcs (Rp 45,000). It is seasoned with Nanny's special mix of spices and tossed in a hot and tang sauce after the wings were deep fried.
The taste was unique. It does taste like the typical buffalo wings we usually got. This one, maybe due to the spice, it has a twist of Indonesian flavour. Meat were still tender and succulent with crispy outer. A pity, I find the batter a little too dense and thick. The remaining 3 choices were with barbecue sauce, garlic and parmesan sauce, honey mustard and cajun. If wings aren't your choice, 3 other options, 2 mushroom dishes, 5 fries cum potato items and one garlic bread.
Gio's Seafood Pasta
Rp75000
Moving on to Mains, our first Main is the Gio's Seafood Pasta (Rp 75,000). This is a rather plain and healthy pasta. The flavour come mainly from Tuna, enhanced by onions, garlic, shallot and olive oil. In it besides the tuna and the big grilled prawns, mushrooms were added too. I am not a tuna fan, as such, though I thought the taste was all right, I didn't quite enjoy.
At Nanny Pavillion, they provided 1o other pasta choices. But I have a hard time deciding since I fancy none. Non-tomato sauce fan, rejoice, among the pasta, only 1 is a tomato based pasta, Chantal's Bolognaise Spaghetti (Rp 59,000).
Jack's Spanish Paella
Rp75000
We didn't order any from the Baked Rice and Grilled, instead we turned to the Continental section for Jack's Spanish Paella (Rp 75,000). According to the description, it stated that it is an authentic prawn and chicken paella. We didn't find the dish to be authentic Spanish Paella, instead we thought it was with Indonesia flavour fused into the rice. The rice seems to be the usual Jasmine white rice cooked with some Indonesia herb. A brown sauce was by the side which my dinning companions enjoyed but I didn't.
When I was flipping the page, I was surprised to find the dessert section in the centre, usually it is towards the end, just before the beverages. Looks like they are giving their desserts lots of attention. I like the idea. What about moving it to the first section?
Howie's Banana Fudges Waffle
Rp49000
Flavours were plentiful for both waffles and pancakes. 8 sweet pancake, 4 sweet waffle and 4 savoury. On the menu, they have Retreci, 4 flavours, which I have never come across. I don't know what it is. It seems like some form of pancake.
We ordered the sinfully rich Howie's Banana Fudges Waffle (Rp 49,000) as it has lots of chocolate fudge and maple syrup drizzling over the creation. Banana and vanilla ice cream were topped on the waffle too. The waffle itself may not be the best in texture and flavour but with all the ingredients coming together, the dish was delish.
Beverages - Mango Fresh Juice, Strawberry Fresh Juice and Mango Mint Iced Tea
Abundant beverage choices on Nanny Pavillion Jakarta menu. 8 tea choices, 6 lemonade with different flavours, 3 fresh juices, a hot chocolate drink, 7 milkshakes flavours and 2 cocktail. We have 2 fresh juices; namely the Mango Fresh Juice (Rp 39,000) and Strawberry Fresh Juice (Rp 39,000). Lastly a tea, the Mango Mint Iced Tea (Rp 32, 000).

At Nanny Pavillion, we felt that they were serving Western dishes with a fusion of Indonesia flavours. We like the interior design theme and many of the dishes. As such, we thought there were more hits and few misses. Certinaly, some liking influenced by our preferences for the flavour and ingredients too. We are certainly keen to pop by other outlets, for the ambience and other food too.