What crime have I done? Of course none! I was not truly in jail, but I was in Bong Kopitown, the very first restaurant in Indonesia that brought out the concept of jail. Decorated with rails around your table and having the waiters/waitresses dressed in black and white stripes, you would feel as if you were dining in jail. The difference was the food was too good to become jail food, making you become the happiest prisoner on earth.The service was very satisfying as the waiters/waitresses was ve
The service was very satisfying as the waiters/waitresses was very responsive and the food was quickly served. They even promised that they would not take more than 10 minutes to make your orders ready, when the restaurant was in normal condition. When it was in peak hours, your foods would be on your table in not more than 15 minutes.

Spicy Rendang Noodle (IDR 35k)
Basically, this restaurant mostly served Peranakan Food. One of their signature dishes was this Spicy Rendang Noodle, which was served with choice of spiciness level, ranging
from 1 to 8. I picked 5 and my tongue was already burnt! It was undeniably very very hot as it contained so many chilies. The rending itself was tasty, perfectly suited the spicy noodle. This was surely a must-try here!

Curry Prata with Chicken (IDR 25k)
Another favorite dish from the restaurant was this Curry Prata. Same with other Curry Prata, it was a plate of Prata Bread, served with Chicken Curry. However, you had to
beware of the spiciness as well! This dish didn’t provide choices for spiciness level, but it was certainly very spicy (even for the one who loved spicy food like me). Despite its spiciness, I really really love the taste, which was so rich! The soup was so thick and the chicken was so tender, definitely a flawless match to the moist prata bread.

Kopi Tarik (IDR 15k)
As you could see, the beverage was uniquely served in this little metal glass. Yeah, the glass might look small, but once you drank it, the portion was actually quite fulfilling. The taste was quite different from the common Kopi Tarik I usually had in any Kopitiam or other restaurants selling Peranakan food. For me, this one had stronger coffee taste and the coffee was more acidic. I was okay with the taste, but I personally preferred it to have lower acidity level.

Yin Yang (IDR 18k)
This cup was the distinctive mixture of coffee, tea, and milk. I was super in love with this beverage as it was a very balanced combination of all the elements in it, truly reflecting its
name. The sweetness level was perfect as well. As I said in prior, I preferred the Kopi Tarik to be less acid. In this cup, as the Kopi Tarik was mixed with tea, my wish was realized!
Having had my first dining experience in this restaurant, I indeed agreed that I would be the happiest prisoner on earth when Jail foods could exactly be like this. The dishes was amazing, the service was superior, the place was cozy and unique, and most importantly the price was very pocket-friendly.

Find me on: