2015-06-07 237 views
One of the most common bakeries we can find in malls in Jakarta is BreadTalk. This bakery, a franchise from our neighboring country Singapore, has proved itself to be the most successful bakery in the town, which provides many fresh, affordable and high quality breads and cakes. The store I visited last night is located in Lower Ground of Central Park Mall, in front of Guardian. I came here with my family, and we bought some breads for tomorrow’s breakfast. It’s always easy if you live in the centre of the town, you can easily find this bakery and try some of their most well known breads. These are the breads I bought last night.
D'Diva
Rp9000
Cheese Volcano
Rp10000
Taste : From the perspective of taste, I would say this is my favorite bread in this BreadTalk store. D’Diva is the name of this bread, a bread which consists of chicken sausage and topped with slices of paprika pepper and tomato sauce. The chicken sausage is very tasteful, combined with sweetness and sourness from tomato sauce will definitely make everybody loves this bread. I’m not exaggerating, this bread is really that delicious. The second bread I bought is a bowl shaped bread filled with cubed sliced cheese. This one tastes salty, and it will suit you who are into cheese. Although this bread seems hard to chew, but it’s not. It’s hard on outside, but it’s soft inside. Service : Breadtalk implements self-service kind of service into their business. We can choose our own bread, pick it up directly from counter (yes you can choose the biggest one, or the most good shaped bread, because usually the breads are not carefully placed and it degrades their appearance a little bit). After we choose our own bread, just bring it to the cashier. Ambiance : This bread store is usually full of people, and they (the workers) usually walk in and walk out, fill the empty counter with freshly baked breads. It’s quite messy if the store is full of people. We can see the floor will be a little bit greasy, and sometimes slippery. It’s better to walk slowly inside the store. Price : From perspective of price, I can withdraw a conclusion that their breads are sold in affordable prices. People come everyday into the store and buy at least 2-3 breads, and that definitely means that it’s quite cheap so they can buy many breads. One bread costs approximately 8000-12000 IDR. They also sell many well decorated cake, like red velvet, black chocolate, fruit cake and sponge cake. You can buy the whole cake or sliced ones, and usually their cakes are used as birthday cakes. There is no place for dining-in, but you can find nearby spots to enjoy their delicious breads. Sometimes the queue is very long.
Taste