2014-02-24 7975 views
Cut the crab. A popular restaurant that is famous for the "barbaric" eating style by dissecting it straight on the table. No plates or utensils used. I have been wanting to try this restaurant since it seems so many of my friends went there and post the picture on facebook. Finally, on february 14th (yes, it's valentine's day), I went there with my boyfriend and some friends. After battling through the insane jakarta traffic for 2 hours, we arrived at the restaurant. Feb 14th this year was on Fr
Feb 14th this year was on Friday and the restaurant doesn't take reservation on weekend. Good thing we called when we were on the way and put our name on the waiting list. By the time we got there, there was only one other couple in front of us waiting for table. We waited for about 15 minutes for our table.
It was only 8.30 but when we ordered, quite a few items on the menu were already sold out. In the end we order 2 crab combo with cajun sauce, 1 medium spicy and 1 not spicy cajun,because the garlic sauce is sold out, 1 fried calamary, and crayfish in cajun sauce. As soon as the waiter took our order, he lined our table with paper plastic, where all the food will be poured onto.
The long anticipated cajun crab came and we were excited because it seemed really fun to eat it barbaric style.
The medium spicy cajun turns out to be very spicy for me. The not spicy cajun seemed to fit my friends' taste buds better thou.
The crab is very fresh but I still prefer asian style spicy seafood sauce, such as saus padang or singapore chilly crab sauce. The spices in the cajun sauce is very kicking and biting all my tounge until my mouth were numbed.
The crayfish was hard to open and the taste was  not as good a expected. The fried calamary is not bad thou.
When we were battling with the crab, we keep asking the waiter for the crab claw cracker, but the ran out of it. Finally after half an hour, the waiter delivered a hammer to crack open the claws.
Until the end of our dinner, there wasn't any other memorable thing from eating the crab.
Hence, my overall impression from eating here is the crab is super fresh but the sauce is not so outstanding. But, the whole experience is totally worth the try and we had lots of fun.
Go ahead and enjoy your fun night out there and be sure to dress ready for battle with the crabs ;)
Taste