2016-04-18 143 views
Original Review on http://www.nahmj.com/2016/04/18/kafe-betawi-at-gandaria-city-jakarta-indonesiaKafe Betawi At Gandaria City is one of the many restaurant found at this mega mall. Betawi literally means Native Jakartan. Kafe Betawi has almost 30 outlets scattered throughout Jakarta. Kafe Betawi at Gandaria City is located at the second level of the Main Street where the restaurants congregate.At Kafe Betawi, the menu offers variety of Jakartan culinary delights. Dishes such as Nasi Goreng & Sat

At Kafe Betawi, the menu offers variety of Jakartan culinary delights. Dishes such as Nasi Goreng & Sate (Fried Rice and Satay), Soto (Soup), Nasi (Rice), Mie (Noodles), Ulekan, Gorengan (Fried food), Kerupuk (Crackers), Jajanan (other food), Drinks and Juice.
The ambience is very much homely. I felt the theme of the restaurant was the Indonesian traditional house.
Es Teler
Rp30000
Es Teler (Rp 30,000) isn't a dessert though we will have the shaved ice as dessert in Singapore. Apparently, it was known as Cold Drinks on most of the Indonesian menu. I was surprised though I welcome the idea as I like started my meal with sweet stuff. Es Teler is shaved ice with Avocado, Coconut, Jackfruit and Condensed Milk. Though it is with condensed milk, yet it is relatively lightly sweetened. We enjoyed the Es Teler very much.
Satae Kambing
Rp75000
This round I ordered a Mutton satay, the Satae Kambing (Rp 75,000). The sweet marinate penetrated right into all part of the meat and it has a nice char fragrance. Personally, I find the meat too tough to chew on.
Soto Betawi
Rp50000
Soto Betawi (Rp 50,000) was the second Main we ordered for sharing. The description on the menu was traditional Betawi style soup in coconut milk. The description was appealing and we ordered to try. The soup has a meaty flavour and lightly sweetened with coconut aroma. It isn't spicy at all. In it were boiled egg, shredded chicken and potato. We like it.
Nasi Uduk Rendang
Rp51000
We ordered 2 Mains for sharing. Both the portion was relatviely small. Our first Main was the Nasi Uduk Rendang (Rp 51,000). It consist of rice cooked in coconut milk and chicken broth and some spice and fried mee hoon served with stew beef in lots of different spice and handful of bitter nut cracker. The chilli that was served with this plate was sweet.
Before ordering the Kue Rangi (Rp 28,000), I was clueless about what it was. The menu mentioned it was their famous dessert made of sago and coconut. I thought it was enticing. This dessert is a little hard on the outer with a chewy inner. It was almost bland but the coconut sweet syrup that was served was the saving gracec, together with the jackfruit bites on the top, sweetened the dessert. I was neutral to it. I can't say I like it.
Kafe Betawi at Gandaria City serves humble homely food with a causual ambience. It is certainly a great place for a fast and casual meal.