2016-06-17 90 views
No, guys! Sadly, this is not a travel post. I didn’t go to Kamakura city or even Japan (maybe someday I will. Let’s just pray!). BUT! I did manage to visit a neighbourhood Kamakura café, located in one of the hippest dining destinations in Jakarta; Pantai Indah Kapuk (simply: PIK).Kamakura was set in a simple, clean and minimalist manner, which easily captivated my sister and me. The neatly displayed magazines and the electric sockets at the tables were plus points!A quick hint before I got into
A quick hint before I got into the food review; matcha madness!
Matcha Style Kamakura (IDR 53K++/single, IDR 71K++/ drink set)
Rp53000
Rp53000
The pancake was adorably thick and exploded with a rich flavour of matcha. The sweet red beans, the delicate chantilly cream and the smooth pumpkin puree added a more distinct character to the plate. They were dancing gracefully in my mouth. If it weren't for the lack of moist in the pancake and the soggy sweet potato crisp, it would be a faultless creation and worth the 20 minutes expectation.
Hot Matcha Latte (IDR 36K++)
Hot Matcha Latte
Rp36000
The foamy bitterness cleared up my mind. Although, it left me searching for the timid sweetness, which didn’t appear even when the last drop was gulped down. I didn't want my latte to be overly infused with sugar. I was just looking for a tiny bit hint of sweetness.
I was slightly let down by the pancake, but it couldn't stop me from visiting the café in the future. I'd even recommend matcha addicts who need a cosy place to relax at or even bloggers and writers who are sick of their usual writing cribs to stop at the heartwarming place. To easily summarise everything; the place was remarkably comforting, the service was pleasant, while the food was good, not top notch.
*Nona Tukang Makan was not invited or paid by any individual or business to write this review. The opinion stated is strictly hers.
Taste