2016-03-27 64 views
On the day of my flight back to Melbourne, my family and I decided to enjoy a brunch buffet at Arts Café, located in the 5 star Raffles Hotel. The night before, I made an attempt to make a reservation by phone, but I was rejected by the staff, as she said the restaurant was fully booked. Being a bullheaded I am, I tried to make a reservation through the website, and it was confirmed.When we arrived, I could see no other guests. I was a little (okay, much) discontent with the staff’s dishonesty o
When we arrived, I could see no other guests. I was a little (okay, much) discontent with the staff’s dishonesty on the phone. However, the staffs’ friendliness on my visit made me forget everything.
The dining establishment serves various mouthwatering goodies from Western to Asian, hot meals to desserts. It also offers a selection of set menus from the kitchen. My family decided to enjoy the offer while walking around and hand picking some of the displayed treats.
Crackers
It is either my dad was a fan of the crispy crackers, or he was just hungry, but he managed to gobble everything down.
Set Menu:
Chili Crab Bun
Never thought that the bun would be crispy. The crispiness coupled with the tender crabmeat and the explosive flavour of the sauce flew me to cloud nine.
Salmon w/ Hollandaise Sauce
Although the salmon was executed well, I thought the hollandaise sauce would make the dish a little heavy, but it did not. The hollandaise was perfectly light, and it brought the dish together wonderfully.
Asparagus Soup
We were let down by the green soup. It had a lovely consistency, but sadly, a bland, savourless flavour.
Beef Ribs
It was tender and everything yummy!
Penne w/ Cream Mushroom Sauce
It was one of the highlights of the set menu. The savoury cream sauce lingered to each piece of the penne. It was fantastic.
Green Tea Ice Cream
Beautiful exotic flavour, excellent delicate texture from the ice cream, and nice textural crunch.
Desserts
I spoiled my tummy by eating various sweet confections. They were adorable but had yet to impress me.
Overall, I would say it was a little worth the try. The restaurant offered attentive and friendly service, some enjoyable (not flawless) food, and a cozy yet luxurious interior. Still, it did not succeed to be on my list of top 5 most pleasurable hotel buffets. It is a place that I may visit once, and maybe few times in the future if I am obliged to.
P.s. Drinks are not included in the buffet, and we would end up paying around IDR 500K/ person if there was no promotion.
*Nona Tukang Makan was not invited or paid to write this review

Taste