2014-12-18 58 views

Another food-tasting at another Master Wok outlet! This time, it’s at the newly opened one, which is located at the food court of Plaza Senayan. For me, this is definitely great news as Plaza Senayan can be said as my base camp remembering its location, which is just 10-minute-walk away from my boardinghouse. Actually, Master Wok has an outlet in the Food Studio of Senayan City as well. However, the new one in Plaza Senayan is bigger (I mean bigger counter), displaying more choices of tempting dishes for you to enjoy.
For you who have not been familiar with Master Wok yet, basically it’s one of the members of the well-known Boga Group, which brings out the concept of “Scoop It Yourself”. The guest might choose the dish they desire from the selections displayed. For the portion, the guest can decide it by himself as he can scoop as much as he wants as long as it’s in a single take. What the guest pays for is the price of the package chosen.
The dishes served are mostly home-style Chinese cuisines. The guest has the choices of chicken, fish, prawn, beef, and various veggies; cooked with different types of sauces. In total, Master Wok has 40 selections of dishes, but normally they only serve 30 of them in a day. You needn’t worry that the foods served are not fresh, as they are cooked daily and they will be put into waste if the shelf life have been exceeded.
As the food-tasting was held exactly on the grand opening day, the outlet was crowded and there was even a short queue. Luckily, the waiter and waitress were very agile so it didn’t take long time for them to serve each guest, including me. Great that the location was at food court, so I could easily get a seat although there were quite many people.
Sweet Fire Fish + Enoki Tofu + Kailan Garlic (rice + 1 chicken/fish + 2 veggies IDR 43.6k)

+ Fried Dish (+IDR 9.1k)
Sweet Fire Fish Enoki Tofu Kailan Garlic Fried Dish
Here was my dish, for which I had 1 fish, 2 veggies, and fried dish. As I loved everything spicy, I picked their Sweet Fire Fish. Similar to my experience in MKG’s outlet, I found the dish not spicy though I still loved the taste. The fish was fresh as well, but it might be better with thinner and crispier batter. Combining soft tofu and chewy enoki, the Enoki Tofu was succulent. Not to forget, the Kalian Garlic, which was simple yet tasty enough. Moreover, I also had ‘additional topping’ on my wok, which was the fried dish. If I didn’t misidentify the components, they were fish cakes and crab meatball. It was lovely, nevertheless a little bit greasy.
Sweet Fire Fish Enoki Tofu Kailan Garlic Fried Dish
Sweet and Sour Fish + Angsio Tofu + Mixed Veggies (rice + 1 chicken/fish + 2 veggies IDR 43.6k)

+ Fried Dish (+IDR 9.1k)
Sweet and Sour Fish Angsio Tofu Mixed Veggies Fried Dish
This dish was actually my friend’s, but I did try it as I exchanged it with mine as well. For the fish sauce, I guessed the sweet taste was quite too strong, somehow deadening the sour taste. Fortunately, the Angsio Tofu saved that downside with its moist texture and pleasant taste. The mixed veggies were okay, bringing the combination of cabbage, carrot, baby corn, and pakcoy. Just one additional comment on it, I believed it would be far nicer if it was served warm.
Salted Egg Prawn + Salt & Pepper Tofu + Fried Enoki
Salted Egg Prawn Salt
At first, I wanted to order this salted egg prawn as I’ve ever tried it and I really love the taste. However, it’s not available yet so I went for fish. Luckily, the manager was so nice giving me the Salted Egg Prawn when it’s ready. As the extra bonus, I also got Salt and Pepper Tofu and Fried Enoki. I loved every single dish in this wok as for me, they were all well-seasoned and perfectly fried into golden brown. Thanks to the manager for giving me perfect complement to my own wok.

Chocolate Pudding (IDR 9.1k)

If previously I tried Master Wok’s original and mango beancurd in their MKG’s outlet, this time I tried their chocolate pudding. The taste was fine, but I did not find anything special with this one as it’s just similar to any common chocolate pudding. Quite nice to have for an after-meal.

Iced Tea

For drink, I have iced tea as it’s included in the package. However, if you want to go for other beverages, you have the choices of mineral water, lemon tea, milk tea, and soft drinks.
Overall, Master Wok can be a great solution for you who demand fast yet healthy food, as all the dishes are ready-to-serve but they are not junk food. As a suggestion, I recommend you to ask the waitress, which dishes that have just been displayed, since I believe the fresh ones taste better. One more important thing that I believe you’ll be glad to hear, as this is still the grand opening period of Master Wok Plaza Senayan outlet, they provide several promo package, for which you might get more pocket-friendly price

Taste: 7/10

Place: 7/10

Service: 8/10

Price: 8.5/10

MASTER WOK

Address: Food Court Plaza Senayan

Operating hours: 10am – 10pm

Other locations: Food Court Lotte Shopping Avenue, Food Temptation Mall Kelapa Gading, Food Studio Senayan City, Supermal Karawaci, Botani Square

Facebook . Twitter . Instagram