2015-03-03 98 views
Just like the name itself, the restaurant is kind of hidden. Before I entered the restaurant, I had to go trough a small alley and opened a vintage door that had no sign of human beings. I still had to walk a little before I could finally find the “exact” restaurant.Hide & Seek Swillhouse is one of the nicest vintage decorated restaurants in Jakarta ever. I love the elegance of the bar, sofas, and the mystery.At first, the staff didn’t allow my fellow foodies and I to take even a single photo of
At first, the staff didn’t allow my fellow foodies and I to take even a single photo of the restaurant but luckily after some discussions they permitted us to do so.
Food
Jack Daniel's Coke Chicken Wing (IDR 79K++)
It didn’t have even a slightest hint of Jack Daniel’s. I could only taste something sweet nothing salty or alcoholic or whatsoever. I applaud the texture but not so for the flavor. The orange sauce was a bit sour because it was made with orange and it did make the chicken wings more appetizing to be eaten but still it would be better if I could taste a little bit of Jack Daniel’s on them.
Capellini Aglio E Olio in White Wine Garlic Sauce w/ Barramundi
(IDR 95K++)
The pasta was a bit undercooked and floury. I don’t think the pasta was worth the price. As for the barramundi, it was better. The fish was smooth and seasoned well.
Capellini Aglio E Olio in White Wine Garlic Sauce w/ King Prawn
(IDR 125K++)
Neither the pasta nor the king prawns amused me on this plate. The king prawn was tasteless and the pasta had the same problem with the previous one.
Pan Seared Pork Belly (IDR 139K++)
The pork belly’s skin was really crisp and tender but I have to admit that the seasoning was lacking. The beans were lovely, although the vinegarish apple was a tad too strong in taste.
Country Style Roasted Spring Chicken Half (IDR 95K++)
The best tasting dish available at Hide n Seek Swillhouse as picked by Nona Tukang Makan aka myself. I adore the tenderness and if I could, I would lick the plate clean. But it wasn’t my dish so…. Yeah… I couldn’t.
Salted Duck Spaghetti with Champignon Mushroom (IDR 89K++)
I was surprised that this time the restaurant managed to cook the pasta excellently. Still, I have something to be complained. The sauce did not cling to each strand, so some of the pasta was tasteless. I don’t know if it’s because the sauce was extremely creamy or thick so it just stuck in the middle.
Bacon Wrapped John Dorry (IDR 85K++)
Kind of expected it to be too salty but the dish came out well executed. Another pleasurable dish after the roasted chicken.
Most of the food (I said most not all) that I tried here were dull and overpriced. It’s like we are paying for that much only for the cozy interior not for the food quality. Plus, I needed to wait for almost an hour before a dish could came out. The restaurant also does not have a separate room for smokers. For people who can’t stand the smell of cigarettes like me, I don’t recommend you to visit the restaurant.
P.s. The toilet was a bit slippery and dark so you have to be careful.

Aglio Olio with King Prawn