2014-07-30 119 views
Hi Openricers.So as you all know, we have reached the end of fasting month with the Eid Mubarak falls on last Monday and Tuesday. As in every year, there are quite a lot of restaurants closed during those days.Well, recently I was informed of another "warung" that sells delicious noodles. Calculating the date, I decided to go there at Saturday, in hopes that the "warung" will still be open. And unfortunately, it was closed when I got there. Having determined myself that I will eat noodles that d
Hi Openricers.

Having determined myself that I will eat noodles that day, I search around for a great spot that sells great noodles. Much to my disappointment, so many of them were closed. A ray of light shined after I found there was one that was open that day, Bakmi Bintang Gading.
Located at Jalan Boulevard Kelapa Gading, it is at the same row as Wiro Sableng. Just go a bit further and you will find this restaurant. The restaurant was actually spacious with two floors of dining area, but the seating area inside was arranged just to be packed and densed. So it really looks pretty crowded and won't be a good place to have a dine and chit chat.
The interior was nothing too fancy. Simple wooden tables and chairs filling the space within yellow-painted room. A lot of picture frames hanging on the wall. It's pretty humble in my opinion.
The noodles here are noodles with a significant flavor from Ujung Pandang, South Sulawesi. The characteristic of the standard noodles of Ujung Pandang is non-halal, since it is incorporated with pork. But here, you can ask the noodles to use chicken, so there is no need to worry about the halal issue.
Pangsit Mie Porsi Besar Spesial
The other characteristic of noodle dish from Ujung Pandang is that it uses a thicker kind of noodle. The one I tried here is the Pangsit Mie Porsi Besar Spesial - Rp. 32.000. I asked for the pork meat as the noodle topping. It came also with a fried wonton and a small bowl of broth. The noodles is really delicious, thick, chewy and so flavorful. I absolutely love the pork. Super tasty. The meat was savory and tender too with the perfect level of saltiness. The wonton was good, too bad it was only packed with not much meat inside.
Steamed Wonton
For the Pangsit Mie Porsi Besar Spesial (Chicken + Pork) - Rp. 32.000 the topping was mixed between chicken and pork. Yes, you can choose wether to have pork or chicken for the noodle topping, or just use a combination of both. The dish uses the same noodle and pork as the one I ordered before. The chicken in this dish is awesome. It's really really tasty. I also got a small bowl of broth which had a steamed wonton inside. Again, the wonton wasn't packed with quite much meat, though the flavor was good.
Mie Canton Biasa
The Mie Canton Biasa - Rp. 31.000 in my opinion looked quite similar like the Yi Fu Mie. The noodles were deep-fried until it turns crispy. It uses a thin noodle, unlike the Pangsit Mie which I tried earlier. The noodles were served with cap cai dressing sauce containing meatballs, prawns, vegetables and also pork cutlets. I super duper loved this dish. It's really delicious. The cap cai dressing is really good, it's thick and super savory. The vegetables were also good. The overall portion was quite big, even for me. But I will surely recommend this menu just because it's super tasty.
Liang Teh Panda
The Liang Teh Panda - Rp. 7.000 surprisingly was served not in its original package can, but uses a plastic glass common seen in juice sellers on the street. It was pretty confusing to me. But the taste luckily really was Liang Teh Panda and not some different liang teh.
Es Teh Manis
The Es Teh Manis - Rp. 5.000 was great. The tea had excellent aroma and taste. The sugar was decent, so it's not too sweet either.

Overall conclusion, I am soooo loving the noodles that I tried here. Really delicious, super tasty and oh so mouth-watering. I even got myself a take-away just because I really loved the taste.
My take-away
My take-away was actually the Pangsit Mie Besar Spesial. But I asked this one to use a thin noodle, the same as the one used in Mie Canton. Well, it's just as delicious as the others.
So I am now loving the Ujung Pandang noodles. It goes side by side with my like for Bangkanese noodles, lol.
But seriously, this restaurant sells great noodles with affordable price and good portion. The taste of the dishes I tried was mind-blowing. One thing you have to keep in mind that during weekends, this restaurant is usually so packed and crowded with customers. So you might wanna come early so you won't miss those delicious noodles.
My rating for this restaurant is excellent, and I will come back again for sure, immediately!

Keep on chewing!

Jazzy Dee

For more of my culinary journey, visit: http://designerdoyanmakan.blogspot.com
Twitter: @jzzydee