2015-12-19 63 views
This spot is perfect when you're looking for a fast, affordable, low-key Japanese lunch and snacks. Don't let the first dining area fool you. This eatery is rather spacious - with at least four dining areas:Sofa area with cool movie posters all over the wall.Formal area with long wooden tables and chairs.Cafe area near various food stalls.Tatami area with heavy Japanese decorations.Too bad I didn't snap a picture of it. However it's truly a cool place to either hang out with family and friends o

Sofa area with cool movie posters all over the wall.
Formal area with long wooden tables and chairs.
Cafe area near various food stalls.
Tatami area with heavy Japanese decorations.
Too bad I didn't snap a picture of it. However it's truly a cool place to either hang out with family and friends or to merely sit down get your things done with your laptop.

So here I went on one fine afternoon... and it was EMPTY. I usually leave at this point but I really wanted some bento. I picked a table by the sofa area and it felt like the entire house was looking at me. There were about 4 to 5 waiters, and about 10 cooks behind the counter.

And my pick was:

SALMON SKIN SALAD, IDR 39,000
The texture and flavor was on point. I'm a bit on the fence about salmon typically because it's a tad too fishy, but the salad was really good. The salmon skin was very flavorful, along with the seaweed, cucumber and sweet chili sauce, it was amazingly delicious.
salmon skin salad
Rp39000
The best deal is the IDR 28,000 Karaage Bento for lunch.

KARAAGE BENTO LUNCH, IDR 28,000
The Karaage Bento Lunch is my usual go-to, and definitely enough to fill me up. The karaage weren't anything crazy, but nice yummy karaage that did the trick. The chicken karaage was fresh and nicely cooked, and you still get the tasty salad plus free Cold Ocha. The bento box portions were good, enough to make everyone full or leave with some left overs. The rice here was really, really good! It was not too sticky, nor dry.
karaage bento
Rp28000
A couple of things I like about this spot:
They have a list of yummy Japanese street food.
You will not have to wait for a seat.
They have ample seating.
They are fast with the order.
The food is fresh.

Like I said, it's definitely nothing to jump up and down about but for someone who gets Japanese food cravings and doesn't want to break a bank, this is a good choice!

Def recommend popping in and trying at least once.

Taste