2015-12-20 116 views
So there I was, furiously shopping at Central Park Mall, two weeks before Christmas, dodging tourists, children, strollers. I didn't plan on getting any food, but after a few hours of shopping, I was going to pass out if I don't eat something.I was browsing the stores, and saw Waroeng Kopikoe at Level 3. Indonesian food at Central Park Mall? Das cool.Anywho, enough contextual story, on the food!THE FOOD HERE IS LIP SMACKING FINGER LICKING AND NO SHARING TYPE OF GOOD!!!What should you get here? I

Anywho, enough contextual story, on the food!
THE FOOD HERE IS LIP SMACKING FINGER LICKING AND NO SHARING TYPE OF GOOD!!!

What should you get here?
I ordered the following items:

SOTO MIE (NOODLE SOUP) IDR 29,000
It was a hearty soup with some spiciness. The soup was yellow in colour because turmeric was added as one of the ingredients. Tendons and cartilage in the soup appeared to be slow cooked, the noodles were thin and overcooked. The ingredients in the soup was too plentiful for me to finish the noodles before it became soggy.
soto mie
Rp29000
Before I could finish the soup, the server came over to present me with my dessert:
PISANG BAKAR KEJU (GRILLED PLANTAIN TOPPED WITH CHEESE) IDR 27,000
Plantain and cheese together for dessert? Why not? It's one of my favorite dessert indeed. The plantain was smooth and not overly sweet. Perfectly grilled till they were caramalized. And Waroeng Kopikoe was very generous with the cheese topping. YUM!
grilled plantain
Rp27000

ATMOSPHERE
What is it like inside?
The interior is very cute in a home-y kind of way, and it seemed like a good place for lunch with friends and family. I went there on weekday and there were just a couple other people there. Once you step into this place, you will feel it's your ordinary eating place in a mall, with several wooden tables and chairs, but look further... they do have INDOOR SEATINGS as well as OUTDOOR SEATINGS. Cool!
I really like the idea of an outdoor lunch. It feels like eating in a park.

So what sets Waroeng Kopikoe apart?
This eatery allows you to create your tasting menu through a combination of small plates, large entrees and dessert.

Pros/Cons:
Very friendly staff and service.
Delicious food, but the portions are a little small for the price you pay.
Very quiet and cozy atmosphere, which I really enjoyed. Easy to have conversations with the people you come with.
Huge parking space in the area at weekdays.
It wasn't too busy when I came but I imagine it could get a little cramped if gets busy.

Taste