2012-08-01 67 views
I had seen Zenbu a few times when I hang around PI, but never actually got a chance to try it. I'd also heard that Zenbu had this delicious baked rice called Mozaru, and as a matter of fact, it was their signature dish. Then just almost a month ago, I went to try it myself for the first time.Zenbu is a Japanese Restaurant which has already had 5 outlets all over the nation. Starting from the first outlet in Muara Karang, to the fifth outlet in one of the most prestigious mall in Jakarta, Plaza I
Zenbu is a Japanese Restaurant which has already had 5 outlets all over the nation. Starting from the first outlet in Muara Karang, to the fifth outlet in one of the most prestigious mall in Jakarta, Plaza Indonesia. It provides complete modern Japanese cuisines, with controlled and balanced nourishment. The signature dish is Mozaru, a kind of baked rice, topped with melted mozzarella. If you are looking for Zenbu in PI, just go to Plaza Indonesia Ext Level 5. You can easily find Zenbu there, near Addictea. The location is quite strategic. You can meet the signboard first in front of the dining area, written "Zenbu, House of Mozaru" with some Japanese writings.
Then we could see the dining area. If you're coming in from the front, the Sushi Bar is on the right and the casual dining area is on the left. You can choose to sit on the stools at the Sushi Bar, or just sit on the dining area which is much more spacious. The interior is pretty complicated, with some sort of graffiti-like on the wall and some decorations that I think might not be necessary. But overall, it's a very comfortable dining area with plenty of tables and chairs. The lighting is bright and eyes-friendly.
Well, after the waitress gave us the menu books, I just looked at some of the menu and decided to try the famous Mozaru. I wanted to order the large portion, but I didn't since my sis said that she was afraid it might not suit our appetite. That's why I ordered a bowl of Donburi, large portion instead. I thought Donburi will always be decent if it's anything. Ocha became our choices of drinks since it is free.

Anyway, what's unique from the menu is that for each food, they provided the amount of calories, so that we might aware of it. It might be pretty helpful for people who like to count and control the amount of calories for every food they eat.

~ Chicken Mozaru ~

Price: IDR 45 k (Regular)

This Mozaru is a kind of baked rice topped with chicken katsu and melted mozzarella cheese. You can always choose the sauce which varies from Butter Sauce, Dynamite, to Tomato sauce. You can also choose the rice type. Do you prefer Butter Rice or Curry Rice?

I chose Butter Rice and Dynamite sauce and when it came to my table, it just smelled so good! First spoon, it did win my heart already! I have always love cheese and something similar, and this is included of course. This chicken mozaru is indeed a good start. The chicken was great, soft and tender, with the good savoury taste from the dynamite, melted mozzarella. The key factor that makes this food tasted great is the melted mozarella. The butter rice is a right choice too. The rice is quite neutral, and you can really enjoy the chicken without being too "busy" tasting too much flavour. But if you like curry, feel free to try the Curry Rice. Anyway, with some chili sauce, it tasted awesome! For me, the only downside from this dish is that the portion is way too small for my big stomach.
- 775 Cals
~ Salmon Teriyaki Donburi ~

Price: IDR 85 k (Large)

Since I ordered the large one, I expected Large Bowl, but then again when it was served to my table, I thought that they served us the regular bowl. But then I thought of the Mozaru that supposed to be regular, but then it turned out to be quite small. So I got it! The Regular is actually Small, and the Large is actually Regular.

The donburi itself was pretty common. Nothing extraordinary by the look of it. I could say that the arrangement of the donburi is pretty bad too for this kind of restaurant. Then I tried the salmon, and it was quite fishy! Sure I didn't expect to have a fishy Salmon here. The Teriyaki Sauce was also very little, and the rice seemed very dry. My sister hated the donburi (which she ordered actually) and, to be honest, I was disappointed too. It was quite expensive (IDR 85 k) and the taste itself wasn't good, not so bad too though. - 826 Cals
~ Cold and Hot Ocha ~

Price: Free

The Ocha was free here, so we ordered Two Cold Ocha and One Hot Ocha. The Ocha was quite entertaining though.

Facilities:

+ Free Wifi Connection

+ Spacious Dining Area and Sushi Bar

+ Free Ocha (free flow too!)

+ Complete Selection for Japanese Delicacies

The price range for food in Zenbu is IDR 10 k - 195 k. But the average price is around IDR 45 k.

Some menu that you might be interested in is Ebi Furai (IDR 35 k), Burger Mozaru (Reg IDR 50 k), Beef Curry (Reg IDR 45 k), Zenbu Teppanyaki with Chicken, Beef and Seafood (IDR 75 k), Wagyu Yakiudon (IDR 95 k), Gindara Omurice (IDR 50 k) or even some sushi selection!

Drinks vary from Green Tea Shakes IDR 30 k, Ice Macha Latte IDR 25 k, Orange Yakult Blizz IDR 33 k, or even Affogato IDR 30 k which is some sort of hot Espresso with Vanilla Ice Cream.

Overall, Zenbu is a very nice Japanese restaurant, with delicious Mozaru to-die-for! I really like this restaurant, though the Salmon Teriyaki Donburi was disappointing, however I will definitely come back for the mozaru, and probably the Teppanyaki which looks pretty good!

Zenbu, House of Mozaru